Tuesday, January 25, 2005

No Rest til Reading

In a moment of madness, I entered the Reading half marathon (6 March). Since running the London marathon in April last year, I've been a bit of a sporadic runner and have only done a few 5k and 10k races. I decided I needed some sort of incentive to get me back running again. I managed a slow 10 mile run over the Chrsitmas break, so it shouldn't be too difficult getting back up to 13 miles. It's good to have something to aim for, and a kick up the bum to get running with the University running club more often. So, I now need to plan my weekends around my long run and must plan my social life accordingly. We've a Burn's night supper and cailidh at college on Friday (ouch!), so need to have a quiet night in on Saturday and first long run on Sunday. Can't wait to get back into it again though - running gives me more energy, more positive thoughts and helps me sleep, not to mention the buns of steel!!

On the academic side, life at university is looking up. After lamenting the lack of Dr Page lectures this term, I am delighted to report that we have 2 new lecturers who more than make up for Dr Page's absence! The Renaissance is where it's all happening... I think I'm on course for a good attendance record this term!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home