Monday, November 13, 2006

Hasty Update on My Life

It's not very interesting at the moment because academic work continues its tyranny. Lectures are slowly grinding to a halt so I am slowly moving into various libraries in the mornings instead. I have to do most of my work in the library because it is becoming physically impossible to carry all the books I need for my essays. This week, I am mainly:

- Writing about the female fantasy life in the tragedies of Ibsen
- Writing about the rise of the gothic novel
- Writing a practical criticism essay on something I haven't even looked at yet
- Tap dancing - practising our dance for the show in February - hilarious!
- Marathon training - three runs a week, long run = 6 miles
- Looking after my lovely husband, who is far busier than moi (he has to: finish PhD, write and deliver all his lectures and supervisions, write his book, submit work for Junior Research Fellowships for which he has been shortlisted (clever boy) and look after his wife, who requires 24 hour a day care and multitudinous cups of tea)

I'm off to the Tower of Darkness now. I'm becoming one of those students who fall asleep at library desks - who'd have thought it, eh?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home