Thursday, June 30, 2005

Working Girl

Today was my second day of full-time (albeit temping) work at Rohan in Cambridge. It was not the busiest of days: time dragged and I spent most of the day hoping that I would win the Premium Bonds tomorrow and not have to work again! We had what is known as a Mike Slack Day, in which very little was achieved apart from the odd game of noughts and crosses, played with the plastic bits off of the coat-hangers on the tiles on the shop floor. I have two weeks of this existence (although it's bound to get busier when the sale starts next week) and then I go on to 15 hours a week (which should be tolerable).

My spare minutes are being spent with Byron in preparation for my dissertation: he had the right idea when he was at Cambridge: bring a tame bear (and try to get it elected as a Fellow of Trinity College), never go to a single lecture, never submit an essay, never pay your college bills, stay away for entire terms and STILL graduate. I'm doing quite well following in his footsteps; I just wish I could get me a bear.

28 days left sans James. Am living a sober and Marlboro Light-free existence. It's just not ME, is it?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home