Saturday, June 02, 2007

School's Out for the Summer!


I am at last free of exams. I am actively trying to evict excess knowledge from my head at the moment, in an attempt to bring back a more normal level of brain function. I can remember numerous quotations from a range of tragic texts and from Chaucer in Middle English, but I can't remember conversations I had only yesterday. For example, I told Megan two days running about the dinner we had with Terry Jones.


"Terry Jones!", I hear you cry! "What, he of Monty Python fame?". Yes, indeed - he is not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy! And he also happens to be a medievalist and is friends with Bill, a visiting scholar from Arkansas who, along with his wife Tricia, is a recently-acquired member of the Scooby Gang. So we all got to have formal hall with him on Thursday night, the evening before my Chaucer exam. And Terry was lovely, and funny and down-to-earth, passionate about the books and articles he is writing (including his many rants in The Guardian about the war in Iraq) and generally a Decent Chap. That's him, second from the left at the back. Terry is my New Best Friend.


And, in other news, this blog will be coming to an end after graduation. Becky will no longer be being educated so it is time to start something new.

Given recent news, I'm thinking of the following titles for the next one:
  • Girl Down Under
  • Becky Goes to Boganland
  • My name is Kenny and I'm a Kangeroo-geroo-geroo (might be a bit too long, that one!)
  • G'day, I'm a Sheila
  • The Wonderful Becky in Oz
Yay!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home