Friday, April 27, 2007

All Better Now!

I have finally recovered from Sunday's exertions and am almost walking like a normal person again. I have provided great entertainment for my fellow students over the past few days - with people loitering by staircases in eager anticipation of the sheer joy of being able to see me attempt to walk up or down the stairs.

I am preparing to bid a fond farewell to at least two of my toe-nails. I'm not going to have pretty feet this summer.

Today I managed my first post-marathon run (and this is the quickest I have ever recovered after a marathon - it's usually weeks or months before I can face running again). It was hard work though - three miles on the treadmill was far less enjoyable than 26.2 miles in bright sunshine on Sunday.

I have no photos to show you. The company responsible for photographing all the runners wants £100 for a CD of the photos, or £15 for a single small 6 x 4 copy - beyond the price range of this penniless student. So picture it in your heads instead - I was a lean, mean running machine with my hair in bunches and a spring in my step (that's how I saw myself anyway - the proofs of the pictures tell a different story, alas!).

Nothing else is new in my life. I now live in the Quiet Room at college with my nose permanently in a book, taking breaks only to tell people off for talking on their mobile phones right by the door. All guest blogs will be warmly welcome for the next month!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home