Sunday, March 25, 2007

Over-indulging

I must enjoy what may be my final days as a healthy size 10, going on size 12, for soon - any minute now - I am bound to turn into a great big fat, rolly-polly hefalump.

I have eaten an unbelievable amount of food this weekend - chips, cakes, biscuits, pizzas: only the healthy stuff, you see! I fear I am finally reaching THAT stage of marathon training, where I want to eat everything in sight, and generally succeed in doing so. The only problem is, alongside the ever-increasing appetite is an accompanying lack of enthusiasm for running. I haven't been for a run in days - I can't, it would mean taking time out from eating.

This evening we made home-made pizzas (wholemeal dough for the base - highly recommended) and oatmeal and chocolate cookies. And verily it shall come to pass that as I bake, so shall I devour. Oatmeal and chocolate cookies are my New Best Friends - they don't judge... well, they don't really get the chance to judge, what with being baked and then promptly consumed in vast quantities whilst still warm. Yes, they are my New Best Friends even though they are not destined to be long for this world. And though their lives may be cut tragically sort, I like to think that what we have shared, those sublime moments of exquisite joy no matter how fleeting, is something that will endure.

I think I'll go and put another batch on...

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home