Sunday, February 18, 2007

Ouchie Sundays

Sundays are becoming increasingly ouchie as my LSRs (that's Long Slow Runs for you non-marathoner lazy couch potato people out there) become increasingly L. Today I ran 16 miles along the towpath to Botisham Lock, past lots of anglers, having an angling competition, and lots of rowers, intent on scaring all the anglers' fish away and having a competition of their own. I dislike rowers. Rowing is a Nazi sport. Not like running. At least when I run I don't have someone with a loudspeaker running alongside me shouting "Sit up straight! Faster! Come on, there's another boat catching up with us! Come on! We've got to win this one!" - although perhaps I would run a little faster if I did. Or I'd get confused - how can I sit up straight whilst running, you great big fecking eedjit?! Why the fuck would I care if there is a boat catching up with me - let it overtake and see just how much I care. Alternatively, I would punch aforementioned person's lights out and continue to run at a leisurely pace. For, we must also remember what the S in LSR stands for - people with loudspeakers may need reminding of this fact. Fucking idiots. If they don't watch it, and if they don't stop yelling at me when I'm running, they are going to find their loudspeakers somewhere very uncomfortable (not to mention unhygienic).

In other news, you have probably noticed that I haven't been blogging much recently. Well, at the moment I'm having trouble finding life amusing. But in the meantime I have found a blog that perfectly suits my mood and I recommend you all go and pay a visit:

Strangely attractive Blog Link

If you look at the archive there are also some fantastic modern day love stories. Julie - I can imagine you writing these. Please send me at least 3!

I'm hobbling off now. The 16 miles may have been S but they were also very L and rather P (that's painful in runner talk).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home