Tuesday, July 24, 2007

I wanna talk about me-e-e-eee!

... But I can't because I'm still on a slow dial-up connection whilst stranded in Norfolk. Things are getting desperate - with no broadband and no TV, and tiring of endless jam-making, I have now moved on to Bigger and Better Things. I have spent the evening making rosemary and redcurrant jelly. It's tricky. But not tricky enough to put off THIS 1950s housewife. Oh no, sireee. I now have 12 jars of the stuff.

Does anyone eat jam or jelly? Because I don't. And I don't know who is going to eat all the stuff I am currently making. I estimate I've made about 40 jars of jam and jelly so far. Cupboards are becoming full. Supplies of recycled jam jars are running short. And shopping lists are starting to consist mainly of sugar supplies. Believe me, there's a lot of sugar in jam. And jelly.

In other news, James (from now own to be referred to as "The Doctor") and I graduated on Saturday. Amusing anecdotes and pictures to follow. It was wonderful, truly wonderful. We wore long hooded robes, pulled the Praelectors' fingers, and pretended to understand Latin whilst praying to Santa Clause. All will become clear when I explain in more detail on the blessed day when broadband arrives. Until then, I shall attempt to download a photo. If it appears here, appreciate it - it will have taken a good 20 minutes to dowload! If it fails to appear, pray pity me. And join me in longing for the day when we are blessed by the deity of broadband...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home