Saturday, July 09, 2005

Becky and Ryan Go To Whitecastle

My two weeks alone with Ryan have turned out to be notably void of alone-time with Ryan. We've hardly had time for one solitary bout of domestic violence, what with the company of Glen, followed by Dev, followed by Mark. Probably for the best. We were, however, left alone for the later part of yesterday evening. We decided to use our time wisely and in a manner befitting students of this fine educational establishment. We went to the bar for a beer, took it back to Ryan's room and watched Trailor Park Boys followed by a film called Harold and Kumar Go to Whitecastle. Trailor Park Boys contained a scene about the Assistant Park Supervisor, Randy, eating 15 cheeseburgers. And the film turned out to be about two dope-heads who are stoned and go on a mission to Whitecastle to buy cheeseburgers. I started to get cheeseburger cravings myself and made the mistake of mentioning it to Ryan. Within seconds we were on our bikes peddling furiously into town to buy a Happy Meal - and it was 1130 at night. We were the only sober people in McDonalds and it was quite a scary experience! However, it did enable us to watch the rest of the film without drooling at the thought of fast food. It took the protagonists over an hour and half of wacky adventures involving Doogie Howser MD, apex predators, encounters with racist thugs etc to reach their destination - it took Ryan and I only 30 minutes to peddle into town, consume food and peddle back. We rock!

My job in the retail sector is becoming increasingly surreal. Today, we were kept late for a congratulatory talk by the manager, Chris. He told us we had all done sterling work and could be proud of ourselves, "You've all done the very best you could possibly do, and when Luke [the area manager] calls on Monday and says 'Did they all do the best job they could possibly do?', I'll say 'yes'". Hoo-fucking-rah! Then he told us we could go home tonight, have a few bevvies and (get this) ... do what we want. Really? Can we, can we? Well, tickle my tits till Friday!!! I can't believe I'm allowed to do what I want on a Saturday night! It's almost like I'm a grown-up! But I'm still not sure I should be trusted...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home