Saturday, September 10, 2005

Nocturnal Hilarity

So, there James and I are, cuddled up in each other's arms at 2.30 am. He is awoken by my cry of "BEAR!!!", and tries to comfort me and calm me down by lovingly stroking my arm. This apparently led to a bit of giggling, followed by half an hour of talking utter gibberish. When I was finally woken up by the sound of my own laughter, I explained to James that I had been having a terrific dream about someone to whom I could only refer as Mr Pointy-Arms-Red-Cap, a superhero-type character who spent his days doing funny elbow dancing in pub car parks. In my dream, a crowd had gathered to watch one of his impromptu performances, and the other spectators whispered in amazement: "just look at him go". He was dressed from head to toe in Rohan pink and was sporting a red waterproof hat. In my half awake and half asleep state, I found this the funniest thing ever, and was unable to sleep for the next half hour because I was in hysterics. James didn't get much sleep at all.

The next day, we were greeted with the wondrous news that we will be able to move into one of the Wolfson flats at the end of the month. James must be delighted. Or kicking himself and planning a cunning escape back to Australia. Watch this space!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home