Tuesday, May 16, 2006

The Green Notice-Boards of Doom

In Cambridge, they really like to make the whole exam process as painful as possible. Exam results, rather than being fed back to you through your Director of Studies, are posted on green noticeboards outside the Senate House for public perusal. Anyone who so desires gets to see your grade, often before you do. On results day, you have to fight your way through crowds of eager fellow students to see whether or not you have been publicly humiliated. Well, the boards are already up, staring at me accusingly every time I wander into town. I try to glare back at them but .... well, they scare me. Evil little feckers! It's almost enough to drive me to do some revision... I spent most of today with Henry V, so things really must be getting desperate. Less than a week and a half until exams start. If anyone wants to send me a cake, please feel free (especially if it has chocolate butter icing).

Slightly happier news: I have a breadmaker! Hurrah! The third loaf I baked tasted lovely (the first two were awful because I mis-read the recipe and used a tablespoon of salt instead of a teaspoon - not recommended, although James was very polite and ate it regardless). Also managed to set the delay timer incorrectly so that it beeped at us very loudly at 4 am - great for an insomniac like me who had only got to sleep at 2.30. Good times, my friends, good times.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home