Thursday, July 20, 2006

A dog-dangling sweaty day

So hot. Soooo very, very hot. And I've been working -why me? At this time of year, I should be up to my neck in the glacial meltwaters of the River Aare in Berne. My skin tingles just thinking about it. It is one of the best ways on earth to cool down in weather like this. I don't miss Switzerland often, but right now, the Aare is particularly inviting.

I'm off to Brighton for the weekend for Nicki's hen celebrations. I think clouds have been forecast - typical! But I'm going for a swim in the sea regardless, as it will be my first trip to the seaside this year. I want an ice-cream (with a flake in it), fish and chips on the beach and I want to lose a small fortune (in 2p pieces) at the pier arcade. I know my rights!

James is busy writing up. He has even been to the library - imagine - shocking! It's all very serious and grown up. I keep wanting to prod him with a stick, just to get his attention. It's probably for the best that I'm going away for a couple of days. He'll get more work done. And hopefully he'll have more time to come and play in August and September. Have I mentioned that he's perfectly dreamy?

Oh, and apparently I escaped from home just in time, as the blackcurrents have now started to ripen and are being harvested by the bucket-load. Blackcurrents are the new gooseberries, apparently. I have all this (and, no doubt, myriad other fruit ready to ripen) to look forward to when I go home again next week. Ah! But next week, I am looking after CHILDREN. I shall turn the picking of fruit into a new and exciting game, called "Oi! Pick that fruit or Auntie Becky will chop your heads off and fry them in garlic": sounds great, doesn't it?

PS. I think this is the first time I've used "myriad" in this blog (and about time too!)
PPS. Hugs to Heather!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home