Monday, May 23, 2005

Everything hurts!

I spent this weekend in Berne, finishing off my life laundry, running races and having a second honeymoon with Simone. I ran the Grand Prix on Saturday - it's a 10 mile race through the prettiest parts of Berne featuring several hills, including the killer Rosengarten hill on the final stretch (ouch! why does Cambridge have to be so flat?). The sun came out two minutes before the race started and it was scorchingly hot for the whole ten miles. I could have kissed the many people who came out with hoses to cool us all down as we ran past! Got a pb for the race: 1 hour 28 mins. Pleased with the time but not so pleased with the agony in my muscles today - I feel like a very old lady and am in desperate need of a zimmer frame!

We came back to Wolfson to a lovely roast dinner cooked by Our Boys (having already been spoilt in the morning by a fantastic champagne breakfast lovingly prepared by Simon). Our Boys also fed us alcohol and cheesecake. Then they took us to the bar and fed us more alcohol. Sometimes I think they are the loveliest boys in the whole wide world.

The Ambassador was in the bar when Simone and I arrived on Friday night. At dinner on Saturday, he asked Simon Harkin if Simone and I were an item! I would be tempted but she's terrible in bed - she spent the whole night stealing the duvet, poking me and trying to cuddle me and I hardly got a moment's sleep...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home