Friday, July 15, 2005

Feeling hot, hot, hot

Summer finally arrives in England and I'm already yearning for a Swiss summer instead - at least when it was this hot we could cool off the glacial waters of the Aare and sunbathe starkers! Somehow, stripping off and jumping into the Cam doesn't have quite the same appeal...

My two weeks as Mrs Ryan are nearly over: the Finn returns tonight and Ryan departs for a conference in Bordeaux on Sunday (hard life). The marriage was good while it lasted and he didn't ONCE attempt to murder me with his double-bladed axe (quite a disappointment, really!), although he did seem to want to spend a worrying amount of time with his complex wavelets instead of with me. I'm so used to spending time with James, it's a surprise when I realise other PhD students actually spend a lot of time working rather than down the pub!

Too hot to write any more. I'm going to take my clothes off and attempt to get into the fridge. There's no-one left in my corridor so I should go undetected for quite some time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home