Friday, October 28, 2005

London Marathon - Rejected Yet Again!

I don't think I managed to get a place in this year's London marathon. Cheques of those successful in the ballot were cashed today, and there's no evidence of mine having been cashed. I feel rather melancholy, especially as I felt so big and clever yesterday for having completed my first long run in ages. So now I have to decide whether to go for a charity place, in which case I'll have to promise to raise at least £1500, or try another marathon. I really want to run for one of the breast cancer charities - in the last year, my Fairy Godmother, my friend Liane and my bedder have all been diagnosed with breast cancer. And I love running the London marathon - it's got to be one of the best in terms of atmosphere and crowd support. So, thinking caps on for fund-raising ideas. Getting James to shave off his beard? Raffling off the Finn's motorbike? A sponsored shagathon? Setting up a gambling den in college? Or, James's idea - blackmailing people! Yes, yes... London, here I come!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home