Friday, October 07, 2005

Losing My Marbles

Should I be worried?

- Tuesday night I burn my hand taking something out of the oven. I run it under the tap then fill a bowl with cold water, put it on the table and put my hand in it for some time waiting for the pain to die down. Then for the next 2 days, cleaning up the kitchen I keep walking past the bowl and thinking: "I wonder what this bowl is doing here?" or "why has James put this bloody bowl of water here?" or "when is James going to move this sodding bowl". I finally asked him why he had left it there and questioned whether he had left it near the radiator to moisten the air to ease his asthma. He looked at me like I was completely bonkers and told me to sit down and think about it... It took me ages to remember I had left the thing there in the first place.

- There have been many other such incidents, but being senile as I am I can't bloody remember any of them!

And to think I used to organise Ambassadors (not very well, admittedly). Apparently, medical research has recently proved that running for 30 minutes twice a week can reduce the likelihood of the onset of dementia by up to 50%. So - I think it's definitely time to put my running shoes on. If only I could remember where I left them...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home