Sunday, November 20, 2005

Sobriety = Not all it's cracked up to be

It was a strange sensation waking up this morning. No pulsating headache, no feeling that all my blood had been replaced by dirty dishwater, no sore throat from smoking Turkish cigarettes bought in desparation from the kebab-van-man - wait a minute: NO HANGOVER! And it was a Sunday - imagine! Not normal at all. Maybe the alien abduction on Thursday night made me wary of alcohol, or maybe the drive to stop my constant social smoking by cutting down on alcohol consumption is finally starting to work. James, too, was hangover-free. I have to say it doesn't seem to agree with him - he has been decidedly surly - and somewhat confused - all day. I think I shall have to feed him beer this evening, bless.

I dreamt about complex wavelets last night. Damn Ryan and his PhD work - how can I dream about something that I don't even remotely understand? I plan to get him back by making him dream about my dissertation work - Felicia Hemans and ideals of femininity. He'll love it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home