Monday, November 14, 2005

Oh I do like to be beside the seaside!

James and I went to visit Nicola "Front Bottom" Kietz this weekend. She is now living in a goooorgeous flat in Brighton, all high ceilings and wooden floors and complete with sea view from the bedroom window. And to top it all off, she lives above A PUB! I'm jealous! It's only a short walk from her flat along the sea-front to the pier, where you can takes bags of 2 pence pieces and put them into various machines! James and I shot vampires. What's not to love?

Had a lovely time catching up with Nic and ended up spending Sunday afternoon in a backpackers' pub drinking London Pride and playing shit-face (addictive card game) for hours on end. As much as I wish Nic lived nearby so that I could see more of her, I'm very happy she has decided to live by the sea - I think after all the travelling she has done, she needs to live somewhere a bit different and with something of a holiday atmosphere, and it also gives me somewhere to have fantastic mini holidays!

I've come back to strong demands for evidence of my dissertation work from both my dissertation supervisor and my Director of Studies. Looks like I've got a busy couple of days ahead of me. It's been so long since I did any serious work on it, I'm going to have to do most of the reading all over again (which will not be easy given that I've returned most of the books to the library and can't remember which ones I read in the first place). I often wonder how I ever managed to organise Ambassadors.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home