Tuesday, November 08, 2005

What I've Been Up To...

Haven't blogged for over a week - how time flies when you're not doing very much! We had the Halloween formal hall on Friday (photos to follow, once the Finn gets his arse into gear and e-mails them to me!), and apart from that ... well... not a lot has been going on really!

On the marathon front, have decided to abandon idea of doing London marathon and am instead planning to do one with a smaller field in the hope of getting a faster time. Possibilities so far are Lochaber, Paris and Geneva. All are around the same time as the London marathon so I can join the training runs with the Hares and Hounds here. As far as fund-raising for a breast cancer charity goes, I also plan to do the Moonwalk - I think it's the week after the London marathon, same route but walked at night in a brightly coloured bra. Sounds like a typical London night out to me!

On the home front, things are as bizarre as ever. Ever since we moved in, it terrifies me 9 times out of 10 when James walks into a room. The poor bloke - there I am, doing the washing up in the kitchen, for example, having a conversation with him somewhere else in the flat; he comes into the kitchen to continue the conversation and I jump 10 foot in the air and scream. I thought it was just because I had got so used to living on my own and it would stop after a week or two, but if anything it has got worse. Example - Friday evening, we were getting ready for formal hall, chatting as we moved from room to room. I went into the bedroom to get my hairbrush. He was in there, getting dressed. I jumped 10 foot in the air and screamed the place down. Poor, poor James. I do realise I must be hell to live with. And I don't know what I can do to make it better. I did suggest to J that he deliberately hide, jump out of places, yell at me etc to try to desensitise me but it only made me more paranoid. It's really not easy being as mad as a cut snake!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home