Monday, May 29, 2006

2 down, 3 to go

I had my medieval exam today, in one of the tutor's offices in college. It's strange taking them on my own but after a battle with the examinations board over being allowed to take food/drink into the exam hall, it was the only option left. Despite the fact that I had a doctor's note saying I needed food and drink in the exam to prevent fainting, they said I could only take coffee or tea with me if I drank it at the back of the hall, and I could take a flapjack in with me but not a sandwich (hello? logic?). So instead, I'm taking them in college where I can take a vast array of food with me. I had considered preparing a 5 course banquet - you know, salmon canapees to start etc. Instead, I took rice crispie cakes (home-made with melted Mars bars - highly recommended), bananas and jelly babies. And, as usual, I forgot to eat until about 10 mins before the end of the exam when I started to feel dizzy. Ah well. At least this time I didn't spill my coffee everywhere.

Medieval exam was fine, despite all my worries. I remembered my quote: "The mooste partie of this peple that passeth on this erthe have thei worship in this world; they wilne no bettre; of oother hevene than here holde thei no tale." Let this be a lesson to us all, my friends! If only they had known how to spell properly in the Middle Ages, my revision would have been so much easier.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home