Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Hen Weekend

Well, it's Wednesday already and I'm rather late blogging the events of the hen weekend in Brighton. I think I gave myself jet-lag by staying up until 4 am, and having pitta bread filled with chips at 3.30 am on the Saturday night/Sunday morning - I have spent the past few days trying to get my body clock back to normal (whatever normal is for this body of mine).

Anyhoo, had a lovely few days in Brighton with Nic F-B and went out with Nicki, Louise and friends on the Saturday night for Nicki's hen night. We showed Nicola F-B a part of the Brighton nightlife she had so far managed to avoid! We went to the pubs and a club on the beach front, most of which were full of hen and stag parties - lots of miserable looking grooms dressed up as vicars or tarts, mainly! We were rescued from predatory males by a group on a stag weekend (who were staying at the same hotel as Nic and Lou), most of whom were married or had girlfriends and were not interested in going out on the pull. So we had a great laugh with them and ended up dancing to an eclectic mix of 80s hits until the wee hours. Then we all came out of the club one by one, whinging about how pain we felt in our feet - oh, how the mighty have fallen! That's age, that is!

Other things I managed to achieve this weekend:

- my first swim in the sea this year
- a doze on the beach in the sunshine
- fish and chips from a highly recommended fish and chip shop in Hove
- early Saturday morning shopping (to beat the crowds) in my favourite new shop, Primark (it's cheap as chips, it is!).

Now I'm back at college, amongst lots of twitchy people trying to finish their PhDs. This week I will mainly be reading Chaucer's Greatest Hits and going to the gym to combat the effects of the aforementioned fish and chips.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home