Thursday, August 30, 2007

9-5, what a way to make a living!

The reason I haven't updated in a while is that I got the job (why, of course I did!). Dynamic is the word: I get to open the mail, answer the phones and make tannoy announcements. I'm considering doing the tannoy announcements in a different accent every time: that way, people will think the temp has left yet again. And who could blame her? It's rather dull!

Oh, how I yearn for the days when I could spend my time knitting and making jam! Why didn't I appreciate them more at the time? Why did I curse my jam for being too hot and not setting properly, berate my knitting for looking like it was done by a mentally-deranged under-achieving monkey? Why?

My brain is missing Tripos. I've been googling courses in Latin, Medieval French and ancient Greek. Not quite as bad as James, however, who is procrastinating (when he is supposed to be finishing his book) by learning all about quantum cryptography. It's a good job we found each other: who else would have either of us?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home