Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Extreme Napping

Since my computer has been as dead as a dead horse, it has been rather difficult for me to blog. I am limited to doing very short blogs from work, and hoping that nobody here notices that I have strayed from my normal duties. Since starting this very entry, for example, I have had to shrink the screen three times and pretend I'm doing something else. It's not easy being a furtive blogger, I can tell you!

It's also not easy being me in general. On Friday my wife was given temporary custody of me so that we could attend our College's end of term party. I arrived with strict instructions to Mo on how she was responsible for getting me to bed in a semi-sober state to avoid one of my crippling hangovers. Things didn't quite work out. My evil twin prevented her from doing anything to help, refusing all offers of water and herbal tea and falling asleep fully dressed and only reluctantly surrendering her contact lenses. Much of the evening is a blur, which is probably a good thing as I think my behaviour was rather appalling.

So, Saturday morning was not pretty. It was ouchie. I had to beg the porter to let us stay in the room into the afternoon so that we could have a second sleep. And then we had our third sleep in the carpark of a local Tesco's. We probably looked like we had been murdered. Or people thought we were tramps. The phrase, "I'm getting too old for this shit" springs to mind.

But the hazy memories I have of the evening are rather amusing. I think my inner evil twin needs to be let out once in a while if even just to remind me of why I lock her away for so much of the time! And if it weren't for the crazy Friday night, we would not have invented the exciting new hobby of Extreme Napping the following day. My plan is now to nap in a variety of interesting and unusual places, possibly starting with my desk in my open-plan office at work, my keyboard being used as a pillow... the possibilities are endless.


PS. Thank you, Mo, for trying to look after me and for taking my contact lenses out and for the use of your car as an afternoon napping venue!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home