Wednesday, June 01, 2005

The Way Things Are

1. Buttocks = getting slightly wobbly after more than a week's break from running.
2. Tripartite boyfriend = 0nly two-thirds present in my life right now
3. Exam fear at college = palpable (but does not apply to me - heheheee!)
4. Total hours dedicated to French revision = 0
5. Chances of passing French exam = slim
6. Uncle Bob and Auntie Mary = fab
7. Last weekend = sober (imagine!)
8. This week's bedtime story = The Cat in the Hat (very scary!)

Something else that deserves a mention is that we went to the Cambridge Beer Festival on Friday and, Nicola Kietz, you'll never believe what they were serving in the cider department - yes, Kenny Cramp's Double Vision, single-handedly responsible for destroying more of my brain cells in my teenage years than any other form of alcohol I have ever consumed. We used to go and collect bucket-loads of the stuff from Kenny's farm, and had to sieve it to remove all the bits of wood and dead insects that were floating around in it. I think it may have gone a bit more upmarket in recent years but has kept its name so obviously still has much the same effect. I didn't dare try any - it was a very hot day and I could see it all going horribly wrong. But I might order some to be delivered and consumed under controlled circumstance - or, alternatively, just feed it to Ryan and see what effect it has on him! If he starts boiling clothes and washing in WD40, we'll know it's still good shit!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home