Thursday, December 22, 2005

And a Partridge in a Pear Tree

I have nearly finished my Christmas shopping - only one or two bits to get this afternoon and I'm DONE! We usually try to have a non-commericial Christmas in the Williams family - the idea is that we buy things from charity shops, make them ourselves or give promises. (Last year, my brother-in-law, Mark, had to be prevented from presenting Sophie with a promise to massage her breasts with baby oil - I don't think he quite understood what form these promises should take...). It has been difficult this year because the charity shops in Cambridge are pretty poor and I'm crap at making things (apart from the cards, of course -which were a veritable triumph). Although, saying that, as I type I have biscuits baking in the oven for the Porters, but hopefully they'll be drunk enough after their Christmas lunch today not to notice if they taste rather odd (I couldn't find a recipe so had to make one up). New Year's resolution: learn how to make stuff.

I'm going home tomorrow. Just in case I don't have time to blog from my parents' house, I'd like to wish all my blog-reading friends a very happy Christmas. Hope to catch up with y'all in the new year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home