Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Beware Foreign Ministers Everywhere...

... James is on to you:

http://blogs.smh.com.au/thecontrarian/archives/2005/12/lord_downers_am.html

This reminds me of when I came for my interview at Wolfson. I totally fucked up the entrance exam, and then had 2 hours to spare before my interview. Instead of sitting somewhere quiet and studying the exam paper to have a good think about how I could have done better, I went to the pub with Mum and Dad. They were under strict instructions not to humour me that I might have done okay - in my mind, I had completely ruined my chances of getting into Cambridge, and all I wanted was a pint of beer and pub grub. As dad was tucking into his lasagne, he said "I'm going to tell everyone, when Becky was at Cambridge, we used to go and visit her and eat lasagne at the Red Bull. When Becky was at Cambridge, we also used to drink beer at the Red Bull. They don't need to know you were only for for an interview, dear!".

Have I told you about when I was at Oxford...?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home