Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Let the holidays commence...

My final exam was on Monday - it was a fecking disaster and will probably make the examiner break down into tears but WHO CARES? I'm now on holiday for 4 months!

We started the holidays in style by going straight from the disastrous exam to Oxford to stay with Glen. James got to practise his lecturing techniques in Glen's office. His notes will no doubt still be up on the board when Glen's students come for their next tax law supervision.

We went to formal hall. Because Glen is a frightfully important person we got to eat at high table. And it really is a high table, allowing one to look down on all the students below, who are served a completely different menu without the fine wines and silver service (ghastly, darlings, ghastly!).

Glen's college is where the Harry Potter films were filmed, hence the high table is where Dumbledore and co sat. I was two seats to the left of Dumbledore. As I didn't get in there early enough to take my own photo, and one is certainly not permitted to whip one's camera out during dinner, I have poached Nicole's photo of the hall:
It were right lovely, it were!

Now I'm back in Cambridge, wandering around aimlessly now that I have no academic work to do. I think I may have to teach myself to drink alcohol again as I have been an incredibly cheap date recently. The Red Bull may once again become my second home, especially on sunny afternoons. And I've got holidays to plan, my sister's house to de-clutter, a dreamy boyfriend to dote upon, some flab to run off and friends to catch up with. I shall leave you with this photo of Glen's college. When I grow up, I want to Glen's job, with his office and his dining rights!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home