Monday, August 07, 2006

The redcurrants are still haunting me!

Someone has just reached my blog through doing a google search on "how to eat redcurrants": my blog was right there on the front page. I feel my blog entry bemoaning the plethora of redcurrants at my father's allotment must have come as something of a disappointment, so I would like to make the following recommendations, in order of my own personal preference:

- mush them all up and make them into wine
- put them through a sieve and make them into redcurrant gin - mmmmm, gin!
- mix 'em with a load of other summer fruit (preferable including something nice like strawberries) and make them in to a summer pudding, or a hot crumble
- alternatively, and this is what I did as a final act of desperation, remove the netting from the redcurrant bushes and allow the birds to have a feast

There! My work here is done.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home