Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Well then chaps, I'll be awf!

Apologies for having abandoned this blog of late. I have been stuck in the wilds of Suffolk with the world's slowest internet connection. The stress of living with my parents is turning my husband into more of a mentalist than ever, and all his pent-up energy is resulting in him cooking non-stop; Sophie has done quite well out of this as it means she is given a gourmet lunch to take to work each day to lord over her colleagues. Whereas I'm turning into a bit of a biffer.

But the news just in is that my visa has finally been approved, and this time next week I shall be heading for pastures new! I am very excited, if slightly apprehensive about the long flight. Just think: in no time I will be walking upside-down, wearing a hat with corks on it, and saying 'G'day mate' to everyone I see!

It's time to tuck up this blog and put it to bed. I may start a new one in Brisbane, if only to fill it with wondrous pictures and tales to encourage you all to come and visit!

Byeeee for now...

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

good luck, sweetie!! i'll miss you! please start another blog so we can hear about all your adventures - you could call it bogangirlbecky, or beckygoesbogan! can't wait to come and visit sometime soon!!!
julie xxx

9:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck Becky! I'll miss your blog, let us know if you do start up an aussie one.
I know you'll have a live-in translator to help you, but just remember that a person being descibed as "crook" means that they are unwell, and not that they are a villan. Despite the fact that the UK populated the island with criminals. (hehe). Have a fantastic time!
Heather xxxxxx

11:11 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

It will be a grand adventure, even if the tub does drain backwards. If you do start a new blog, please let Bill and me know how to access it. I'm terribly stupid about such things. Incidentally, naps are a good thing after a transoceanic flight, no matter what people say! Godspeed! xoxo Tricia P.S. My best to scowling James, too!

3:34 AM  
Blogger Martin said...

Bye Becky. Thanks for all the blogging, it's been great - and for introducing me to Ryan's blog, which is great.

Glad you put a final post up, as I was concerned you may actually have died over Christmas.

Please start a new blog, so we can laugh at the funny austrailians.

Take care.

Martin x

12:48 PM  
Blogger Becky said...

One other blog to keep you all amused, written in a Norfolk village (I suspect not far from where I am now), is www.privatesecretdiary.com - it's my favourite blog and very funny. Go and pay him a visit.

Thanks for all your good wishes. I will post the new blog link on here in a week or two, assuming I don't die horribly in a plane crash...

Byeeeeee!

12:35 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home