Wednesday, August 03, 2005

What I've Been Up To

1. Have been reunited with my lovely lover. Am taking him home to meet the parents this afternoon. He has met them before but that was when I told them he was gay (so as to avoid any awkward questions), something I fear may backfire on me now!

2. We had a lovely excursion to see Ryan's Special Place, which turns out to be a mini railway, complete with little station and railway bridge, signals etc just two minutes from our doorstep (and not, as we had feared, a ravine where he hides the bodies of dead hookers).

3. Still wowing the retail world with my selling skills, asking myself at the end of the day "What have I done today that makes me feel proud?". We confronted Chris about his motivational talks and their ability to completely de-motivate us. He was genuinely hurt. I asked him if he had ever found such things motivational himself and he said yes - apparently, when he worked for the Holiday Inn they did a motivational training day and learnt to fly without wings. I kid ye not.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home