Thursday, December 29, 2005

The Domestic Affections

... is the name of a volume of poetry by Felicia Hemans that I'm writing about in my dissertation at the moment. 3,000 words down and only 2,000 more to go. The celebrated epitome of femininity and the poetess of the hearth and home wages trial by combat against the mad, bad and dangerous to know Lord Byron. Celebrity death match. Coming to a crap dissertation near you very soon...

And meanwhile, back at the ranch, there's quite a lot of affection in my own domestic situation, caused mainly by my recently-discovered love for knitting! When James lets me take a photo of him wearing his new orange, brown, purple and green fluffy tie, I shall blog it. I've now moved on to bigger and woolier things - a scarf. It's another form of art therapy now that the Christmas cards are out of the way! Domesticity - it rocks! I also get to go to the pub occasionally...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home