Monday, August 14, 2006

A scary thought

I'm starting to panic about how little time I have left of my undergraduate years. The first two years have flown by in the blink of an eye and I've no reason to believe the next year will pass any slower. It's a very scary thought, because I don't want it to end, and the more I enjoy it the quicker time seems to pass.

New Academic Year Resolutions:

1. Do some academic work (just for the novelty), see what it's like, see if it pays off! This means I will actually read some books instead of relying on Sparknotes.com for my critical insights! We can but hope...
2. Join running club, run for the university (easily done in the third team at varsity, ironically named the Gazelles), attend accompanying social events (hic!), take full advantage of guaranteed marathon places (allocated by ballot, not by running ability - go me!)
3. Join rifle club or some such under-subscribed association in order to stand a chance of getting a half blue (although, upon reflection, probably not with my appalling aim!).
4. Have tap dancing lessons (at James's insistence - but if I'm going down, I'm dragging Bogan Girl with me, especially for the end of year show!!).
5. Go to more formal halls at different colleges: despite all my best intentions, I've only so far managed Trinity and Jesus: this year is the year of the Graduate Dining Society! I may end up porking out, but I'll be married by then so what the hell!

Talking of which, as if the panic over my time here is not enough, today I realised that it will be one calendar month tomorrow until our wedding. Eeeeeeek! Eeeeek! It's enough to drive a girl to gin!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home