Sunday, January 01, 2006

2006

Last night we temporarily escaped the tiny Wolfson NYE party so that we were outside on our own for the strike of midnight. There were stars and fireworks. And Marlboro Lights. And for the first New Year's Eve in many years, I was exactly where I wanted to be.

My New Year's resolutions are few and simple:

1. To do more knitting
2. To eat more taboule
3. To learn how to pole dance.

Apparently, you should never make negative resolutions, such as giving up smoking, cutting down on drinking etc. I learned this from Sophie, who is wise beyond her years and who, last year, set herself one goal - to eat more rocket - which she achieved. Well done, her.

I also think one of the resolutions should be left unachieved at the end of the year too, otherwise I risk becoming smug...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home