Monday, January 09, 2006

Ich bin kein Berliner!

We were supposed to leave for a four day trip to Berlin this morning, but owing to an evil virus (cold symptoms, sore throat, nasty cough), we had to cancel. Luckily for us, I accidentally bought travel insurance when I bought the tickets, so hopefully we'll get some money back.

Pros and cons of being ill:

Pro: James brings me endless supplies of hot beverages

Con: James's constant offers of sponge baths

Pro: Being poorly gives me plenty of time to work on my knitting. One scarf is being produced approximately every 2 hours. So far, I have made scarves for James, Will, Mike and Ryan, and I'm half way through one for myself. Nicki and Glen are next on the list. All reasonable applications will be considered!

Con: James is already trying to arrange my funeral. This morning he told me he that instead of having me buried, he would leave me on the roof of S block so that the crows could peck at my corpse, "according to my wishes". It's the small things like this that have made Sophie ask me to promise her that I will never chuck James, because, and I quote "He has the potential to get really, really scary". I can't see it personally; I just think he's really, really lovely! And, besides, he does give a very good sponge bath...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home