Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Oh, it's all gone quiet over here...

The portfolio of essays has to be in on Thursday, hence my absence from blogland. I'm soooo nearly there, and can't wait for them to be submitted so there's nothing more I can do to them. Little monkeys.

Two things that made me giggle today:

1. Showing J my most recent knitting project and him laughing uncontrollably. It turned out he thought that the big multicoloured creation I was knitting was a scarf and that he was going to have to wear it. It wasn't, he won't. But his reaction was funny because he usually manages to keep his real feelings about my knitting under wraps, so he can say encouraging things like "well, that's beautiful, Becky. Whoever gets that will be a very lucky person indeed".

2. rAndy inviting Johnny (barman at Red Bull but also a student at our college, albeit one we don't yet know very well) over to eat with us in the pub, and opening the conversation with the words "Have you picked your balls yet?". (I should point out that it is time to book May ball tickets, but R could really have worded it better! As luck would have it, Johnny misheard him, and thought he said "Can I kick your balls?").

Good news is, we have picked our balls! We're going to Jesus, with a whole load of crazy Irish diplomats and Nicola F-B. Poor Jesus undergrads won't know what hit 'em.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home