Monday, January 16, 2006

Becky is a VERY Brave Girl!

I had to have a blood test today. James came with me, under strict instructions to grab my ankles if I made a run for it while we were in the waiting room. I tried several times; he restrained me.

I told the nurse I was a fainter (just what they all like to hear, I'm sure). What I didn't tell her, however, was that I tend to laugh hysterically when I'm nervous or in pain. It came as something of a shock to her while she was repeatedly trying to find an accessible vein in my right arm and I ended up crying because I was laughing so much. She then had to try on my left arm instead. As I was starting to giggle again, James was stood out of her view, mouthing to me "underpants, Becky, underpants!". It's one of his many tactics for calming me down when I'm having one of my irrational panic attacks: to think of him dancing around in his pants. He even did an underpant dance for me before we left so that the vision was fresh in my memory. Well, it worked. She got her blood. And soon, I will get cake: James is in town buying me some right now, because I'm a very brave girl! He really is my favourite boyfriend in the world, ever.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home