Sunday, January 22, 2006

The Joy of Running

I've been living a very sober existence recently: the fact that I work on Saturdays and do my long run on Sundays means that the traditional weekend drinking evenings are now strangers to me. It has been some time since I have been inebriated at a Wolfson party, and, believe me, it is a completely different experience when you're sober. I find myself watching people's dancing with confused fascination: the mixture of ages and nationalities at this college makes for an interesting time on the dance floor. James described the dancing mode of one student perfectly: she danced like a nerd who had inadvertently taken esctasy for the first time. Scary stuff, but highly watchable.

James is working in the Porters' Lodge today. I have been working on my portfolio of essays, and am about to go on a 6 mile run. I also have three scarves to knit (they are in popular demand: the one I knitted for Will has been heartlessly stolen by his flatmate - and Will did not make this up so that he didn't have to wear it: his flatmate came into the shop wearing it last week - and Simon has asked me to knit one for his girlfriend. Virginia and Lauri want one too: I'm having trouble keeping up - there are certain drawbacks to being so talented!).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home