Monday, January 23, 2006

A Year of Blogging

Lent term has started, which means I've been blogging for a year now. So, what has changed since then? I feel another list coming on...:

1. Nicola Front Bottom (my inspiration for starting the blog in the first place!) completed her round-the-world trip, managing to avoid the tsunami despite being at a beach resort in Thailand at the time (thankfully on the side of the country that the tsunami missed). She is now an auntie. And living in Brighton. And I'm glad to have her back in the country!

2. I have finally settled down to academic life. I can now go to the University Library all by myself: something I never would have imagined possible a year ago! (Seriously, it's a scary and confusing place!) Not so much hair-pulling over essays these days.

3. I have now completely abandoned any vague plans of going back to the Foreign Office. I plan to either become an academic or a best-selling novelist, or both. This is the life for me!

4. The most obvious (and best) change of all: I never would have imagined for a second this time in 2005 that a year later I would be living with James. Most of my friends reading this know how sickeningly happy I am, so I shall leave it at that!

One observation from my year of blogging: my two most regular readers are Sophie's friend, Martin, whom I've never met (apart from seeing him for a split second as I ran past him in the crowd when I did the London marathon in 2004), and the person I live with. It's a funny old life!

2 Comments:

Blogger Martin said...

I'm offended. We once spent an afternoon together in Richmond. I sneezed a lot.

Martin

11:12 PM  
Blogger Murphy said...

Um, yes, but what you fail to take into account is the fact that my brain is turning to mush and my memory isn't quite what it used to be (being my most regular reader, you should know that!).

But I do no have vague recollections of an afternoon in Richmond and lots of sneezing. And that afternoon you stalked me and Megan in Battersea Park...

9:44 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home