Thursday, March 30, 2006

Time to start revising

Well, the funeral is now over. It went as well as could be expected, except that several men in the congregation, led by my father, cried uncontrolably during my eulogy, which was meant to be WITTY and AMUSING! Then everyone from the congregation - all 70 of them (not bad for an old lady of 93) - came back to the house and drank us out of house and home. At one stage, Dad said to his friend Alan "I've got some beer hidden away, if you'd like some.." to which Alan replied "Oh, there's none left -we found it and we drank it". Everything a wake should be!

I'm now back at college, in a slight panic that I'm now 2 weeks behind on my revision. I shall be spending this week with Racine and Flaubert (and a very large French dictionary). Thank goodness I have my knitting to keep me calm!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home