Sunday, April 02, 2006

A right royal booze-up

We had dinner with Prince Philip on Thursday. It was an intimate affair, just us, Prince Philip and a whole bunch of Australians, Kiwis and students from Jesus College! His Royal Highness kept his trap firmly shut, so alas no gaffs to report. At the end of the meal, the New Zealand deputy High Commissioner was a pitiful sight, going from table to table, asking "any Kiwis?". He didn't seem to find any so was unable to fulfil his pastoral/consular objective for the evening!

When I'm not busy dining with royalty, my time is spent up to my tits in revision. It's all taking a long time to sink in as decades of alcohol abuse are starting to take their toll. I console myself with vast quantities of beer every evening. It helps me to forget what I have forgotten.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home